HEART RAFFLE 2021
Chances are you or someone you know has been affected by heart disease, heart attack, and/or stroke.
Since 1924, the American Heart Association has been the pioneering force behind ground-breaking research, education programs, and training that has saved millions of people world wide. Whether taking a pill or avoiding salty foods, we are fortunate to live in a day and age where many heart and stroke patients survive and continue to live long, and sometimes healthier lives, even after a brush with death. For more information about the American Heart Association, visit www.heart.org. Do your part to help the American Heart Association continue to fund medical milestones by purchasing a Heart Raffle ticket for only $150. Two people will CHOOSE the $50K Mercedes-Benz of their dreams, and one of them could be you.
2020 Heart Raffle Winners
Elaine Bray-Ticket #582 Chris Brown (not pictured)-Ticket #1828
Gas Card WinnersTicket 1799 – Sammie Mays | Ticket 425 – Jim Matthews | Ticket 1183 – Sharon Foster | Ticket 1073 – Jodi McCardle | Ticket 342 – Greta Browder | Ticket 1177 – Zara f. Parham | Ticket 827 – Ed & Ginny Burroughs | Ticket 759 – Mary Davis
2019 Winner Gregg Neischwander
2019 Winner John Wells
2018 Winner Lucinda Threats
2018 Winner Richad Rockenstein
2017 Winner Sheila Lovely
2017 Winner Connie Royal
Thank you for supporting the 2020 Heart Raffle!
was raised for the American Heart Association.
HEART RAFFLE INFORMATION
- All raffle tickets are folded and placed in the raffle drum
- The matching ticket numbers are placed on windows in the showroom for public display
- A Heart Raffle volunteer will draw one folded ticket stub out of the raffle drum and remove the matching ticket number on the window ****These tickets drawn are NOT the winners****
- This will continue until there are only ten (10) tickets remaining (Those 10 tickets will receive a $500 gas card)
- The ten (10) tickets will then be matched to their coordinating numbers on the windows and placed back into the raffle drum. A Heart Raffle volunteer will then continue drawing tickets and matching the ticket numbers with the numbers on the windows until only two (2) tickets remain
- The last two (2) tickets will be declared the winners of the vehicles and each receive a $500 gas card
- You do not have to be present at the time of the drawing
- The winners will be contacted by the phone number provided on the ticket stub; PLEASE make sure the information on the ticket stub is current a correct
- If you need to change anything on your ticket, PLEASE contact us at 888-431-5549 ASAP
- We wish you the best of luck!
- How do I know my raffle ticket will be in the raffle drum?
- ALL raffle tickets purchased, are matched to their coordinating numbers on the windows and then placed in the raffle drum before the raffle. Because this is a reverse raffle, ALL ticket numbers will be announced out loud at some point during the raffle. Be sure to listen out for your raffle ticket number!
- How will the winners be contacted?
- Winners will be contacted via the phone number provided on the ticket. If winners cannot be reached by phone, they will be contacted by email and certified mail. If a vehicle winner or legal representative of the winner does not claim their prize within 5 business days, the third to the last ticket drawn from the raffle bin on the day of the drawing will be proclaimed the winner.
- How will the winners be announced to the public?
- The winners names will be announced at the raffle, on Mercedes-Benz of Columbus’ Facebook page and website, and other local media affiliates such as: WRBL (CBS affiliate), WTVM (ABC affiliate), PMB Broadcasting, and iHeart Media, on the day of the raffle.
- How do I know the American Heart Association will receive my donation?
- When a Heart Raffle ticket is purchased, the donor’s information is collected and an American Heart Association receipt issued. The donor’s information is then sent to the American Heart Association for their records.
- If I win a Mercedes-Benz, how much are the taxes?
- Mercedes-Benz winners will be required to fill out the appropriate IRS W-G2 and W9 forms and to pay the tax liability of 24% of the fair market value of the prize in addition to local sales taxes and fees. Please also refer to your accountant for exact details on tax preparation.
- Can the Mercedes-Benz winners upgrade their prize?
- Absolutely! Vehicle winners may choose a Mercedes-Benz valued at $50,001 or more, but will be required to pay the difference in cost and any additional taxes.
The Heart Raffle is only open to legal United States residents, 18 years of age or older at the time of the drawing. The Heart Raffle is subject to federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited. Mercedes-Benz winners will be required to fill out the appropriate IRS W-G2 and W9 forms and to pay the tax liability of 24% of the fair market value of the prize in addition to local sales taxes and fees. If a vehicle winner chooses a Mercedes-Benz valued at $50,001 or up, they are responsible for the difference in cost and any additional taxes. Vehicle winners are also responsible for all other costs and unspecified expenses. Vehicle winners must provide a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance at time of delivery. All winners will be contacted at the time of the drawing via the phone number provided on their entry. If no phone number was provided, they will then be contacted by the address and email address provided. If a vehicle winner does not claim their prize within 5 business days, the third to the last ticket drawn from the raffle bin on the day of the drawing will be proclaimed the winner. The last ten (10) tickets drawn will receive $500 in gas cards with no taxes due. In the event that at least 367 tickets are not distributed, the first car and no gas cards will be awarded. At least 700 tickets must be sold for a second car giveaway and ten (10) gas cards. No more than 1924 tickets will be accepted. All ticket sales are final. American Heart Association employees are permitted from purchasing tickets. Winners need not be present to win. By purchasing a raffle ticket for entry into the Heart Raffle, participants agree to the Official Rules and decisions made by Mercedes-Benz of Columbus, which are final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Heart Raffle, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Mercedes-Benz of Columbus and all employees of Mercedes-Benz of Columbus, The Greater Columbus American Heart Association, WRBL, WTVM, PMB Broadcasting, and iHeart Media for all liabilities regarding the Heart Raffle. Mercedes-Benz of Columbus is not responsible for any incorrect, misused language, technical errors, or human errors in processing Heart Raffle entries.
PURCHASE TICKETS TODAY!
Online ticket sales will end Friday, January 22, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST OR when tickets are sold out!
$150.00 per ticket
- This year we will plan to do the same prizes; 2 brand new Mercedes-Benz vehicles valued at $50,000 each, as well as the 10 $500 gas cards
- The raffle will be held on January 23, 2021 starting at 2pm
- No spectators – The raffle will still be held at Mercedes-Benz of Columbus, but instead be streamed live on wrbl.com as well as Mercedes-Benz of Columbus Facebook live
- Tickets will be on sale starting October 1